Registration for the 2018 Transkribus User Conference in Vienna is now open!
- Conference website
- Programme(subject to change)
The conference will take place for the second time at the Technical University Vienna, right in the heart of Vienna, on 8-9 November 2018.
Registration for the Transkribus User Conference is currently at full capacity. Please contact Tamara Terbul (Tamara.Terbul@uibk.ac.at) to join the waiting list and we will let you know if there are spaces available.
The conference registration fee is 50 EUR for regular participants and 25 EUR for students.
Please be aware that conference places are limited and granted on a first come, first served basis.
Building on the success of last year’s conference, this year’s programme will offer opportunities for Transkribus users to find out about the latest technological developments, experiment with new features, hear from users who have been working intensively with the platform and ask questions about how Automated Text Recognition could work on different kinds of documents.
Everyone is welcome – from Transkribus newbies to more experienced users. And if you came along last year, there will be much new content to enjoy.
Some highlights of the programme include:
- READ-COOP – hear about the future incarnation of the READ project which will promote collaborative working to preserve and enhance digital cultural heritage.
- Transkribus in Practice – hear how users have been working with the platform to process documents of varying dates, languages and styles
- Transkribus workshop – a chance for new and more experienced users to learn how to work with the platform and ask questions of our developers.
- READ technology showcase – presentations from computer scientists on the technology behind Transkribus
- Digitisation on demand in archives – a presentation of DocScan and the ScanTent, tools which help users to digitise historical documents using their mobile phone.
Conference participants who will arrive early in Vienna might also be interested in attending a pre-conference Scanathon at the Austrian Academy of Sciences on the afternoon of 7 November, where they will be able to try out these tools in an archival environment.
Places for the conference are limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have any questions about the conference, please contact Tamara Terbul (Tamara.Terbul@uibk.ac.at).
We look forward to meeting you all in Vienna!